Sunday, April 20, 2008

Meet our new baby


This is our new dog, Muffin. He looks like a Bichon Frise but he's a Bolognese.
We have fallen deeply in love with him. He has such a sweet personality and he's already two so we didn't have to go through the difficult puppy stage with him.

A guy that my Dad works with wasn't able to take care of him anymore so he was given to us. We are so lucky to have been given such a precious dog. He's also such a rare breed it's amazing that we were given one.





Here are my latest goodies I got Saturday.
I have been so lucky lately finding ribbons and lace. I have been hoping to find vintage pom poms for a while although, I would liked them to have been pink instead of white but I'll take what I can get.

I was thrilled to find this apron made out of a couple of hankies at the thrift shop too.

They also had a whole tray full of vintage hankies. Here are a few of the ones I picked out.




I have been collecting this line of pink kitchen accessories at T.J. Maxx for a while now and last weekend my Brother found me this new piece, a coffee canister. The rest of my collection has been put away until the day I have my own kitchen but I decided that I should start finding other ways to use them in the mean time. So I filled this with my newest stack of fat quarters.



I also thought I would share our replica pair of Ruby Slippers.
I think it's fascinating as you can see that the sequins are Blood red not Bright red as they look in the movie. Back when the movie was made they used Technicolor and so for them to look bright red they needed to be a darker shade.

These were made using a pair of 1930's french heeled shoes to look like the remaining pairs look now.
Vintage and worn. A replica of the shoe label was custom made to match the one's on the originals.

Each shoe has over 2,400 sequins and the bows have Swarovski crystals on them.

A must have item for any Wizard of Oz fan. The temptation to try them on would be to much to resist if only they weren't a size 5. Why did Judy Garland have to have such small feet.

Have a happy Monday, Lindsey