Tuesday, November 25, 2008


It is the week to be thankful. I have met some wonderful people this year through this blog and I am very thankful for that. I want to thank all of you who left such sweet comments on my last post.


One of my new friends, Lindsay Ann from the Cross Stitch House, gave us an award. Thank you so much Lindsay. We are supposed to list 5 things we love and, like Lindsay, I am going to name five things I love about Christmas.

1. Butter cookies that I have been eating every Christmas since I was a little girl.
2. Hallmark ornaments that I have collected since 1978.
3. The schnitzel and noodles that is our traditional Christmas Eve dinner.
4. My kids opening their presents.
5. Giving my house shoes as gifts

This is a scarf that I made for our new Lollishop, Fancy That. Kathy of Kathy’s Crochet Cabin, ask to see this scarf, so this is for you, Kathy. If you have not met Kathy yet, stop by her blog. She donates her time and talents to helping out charitable organizations. I have a great respect for this special lady.



I also made a couple of these ear warmers from a vintage pattern.



I have always used Red Heart Super Saver yarn for my house shoes because it holds up so well and comes in great colors. The only beef I have with them is that they discontinue colors. I discovered just this week that one of my favorite colors to make house shoes is no longer on the shelves . . . anywhere. Very disappointing. I have one shoe made that may never have a mate.



I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I am thinking of some of you who are going through some hard times right now. I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.




Wishing all of you and your families a most blessed Thanksgiving.



15 comments:

snowroses said...

Hello, sweet craftwork you have here.

Lindsay-ann said...

I enjoyed reading your 5 things. I love your number 5.too!
Those scarves you made are wonderful. They are really beautiful. The colors are just perfect. You are so talented.
I am sending you and your family my very best Thanksgiving wishes.
Lindsay

Stacey said...

Your scarves and ear warmers are very pretty. What is Lollishops? Is that like Etsy?

I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Holly said...

Oh, that scarf is so cute! Good job, Twyla!

~ Hearts ~

Kathy said...

THANKS FOR POSTING THE SCARF PICTURES, I LOVE THEM. WHAT CAN I SAY BUT "GREAT MINDS". THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND THINGS YOU SAID ABOUT ME, I'LL HAVE A SILLY SMILE ON MY FACE ALL DAY.
WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE RED HEART YARN YOU NEED? I MAY HAVE SOME. IF I DON'T SOMEONE ELSE THAT READS YOUR BLOG MIGHT HAVE SOME AND SEND IT TO YOU. WE CAN'T HAVE ONE SHOE WITHOUT IT'S LIFELONG MATE SITTING IN A CORNER POUTING. HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE A BLESSED THANKSGIVING.

Anonymous said...

Twyla, the scarves are so pretty!!
Did you see the link on The Feathered Nest for the crocheted neck warmer patterns? I thought of you when I saw them and had to come back and tell you.

Maybe you can make a pin cushion from the house shoe with the discontinued color yarn?

Diane

Heidi Ann said...

Everything you've made is so pretty. Such warm loveliness!

Knot Garden said...

Isn't it annoying when they discontinue products you buy regularly. If only you'd known, you could have stocked up!
The pink and green scarf is lovely.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Twyla!!
Poor little house slipper all alone. The vintage ear warmer is so cute:)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING DEAR FRIEND:)
Kailee's slippers arrived yesterday and your $$ is in the mail and maybe you'll get it so you can spend it on Friday.
Warmly,
Deb

Alexandra MacVean said...

Congrats on your recent award, Twyla. And those scarves are very beautiful...and if I know you, they are JUST as warm as the slippers I received from you! ;)

Anonymous said...

Such sweet little slippers... :) I stumbled over your blog from Ms. Kwittys -and your gift to her has made me sentimental and teary eyed... anywho- lovely items and lovely blog!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your awards you deserve them! Your scarves are beautiful!

KatCollects said...

Twyla,
I LOVE the scarf, so so cute and love the colors too. I can't wait to see your new shop, love the name of it. Hey, hold on to that one slipper, you never know when it may come in handy (she says as she sits her with one pink slipper on) LOL. Actually, I hope it never comes in handy for you : ) Let me know what color it is and when I am back on my feet I will check the stores here for you. I hope you and your family have a beautiful Thanksgiving.
Hugs
Kathy

Pearl said...

Hi Twyla... What a sweet post this was... I liked learning about some of the things you ♥ love about Christmas! It's such an enchanting time of year, isn't it? Your talents are amazing, Twyla... and, no doubt it must be frustrating for you to not be able to find the yarn colors that you so love... The scarves you showed are so pretty and delicate looking... and I really liked the Vintage ear warmers... how neat! Sure do hope your day has been kind to you... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Sherry said...

I love your scarves Twyla and the ear warmers are really cute!! Good luck in your Lollishops shop!!

Sherry