Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. We have!


Mom (Twyla), my Brother Jordan, and I celebrated with gifts of chocolates and goodies!



Jordan gave me a huge bag filled with chocolate, vintage valentines and this Hello Kitty strawberry pillow that matches my new comforter set. Mom also gave me a beautiful stack of vintage valentines and chocolate.



He also gave me this cute stuffed doggy from one of my favorite show and a vintage kitty picture!




Mom gave me this cute pink rubber poodle toy. I really enjoy these sweet little toys!


Today at the flea market's I couldn't help but to find yet another stack of valentines that I couldn't leave behind!




In the same booth as the valentines were two boxes filled with old postcards they were all so beautiful that it was hard to get any because I couldn't decide which ones I liked best. I ended up getting these three.


I spotted these sweet little photos of this woman and she was so cute holding out her cake!



I also found this bunny candle by Gurley. Cute isn't he?


I found this mushroom valentine on etsy last week and knew that it would be perfect for Mom since she has started collecting mushrooms!


I wanted to share with you this Valentine paper bag album that I made last year.


I don't usually ever use my real valentines. I scan them and use the copies but on this one I took photo corners and arranged them so that I could safely add and remove the originals.


If you have never made a paper bag album then you should try because it is so much fun and easy .



Mom and I enjoyed making them and looking at the ones listed for sale on ebay for inspiration!


While making it I thought I would sell it but I have become so attached to it that I don't think I ever could!




I hope you all have a very special day filled with love and chocolate!



Lindsey and Twyla



16 comments:

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Victoria xx

Dawn said...

Your album and vintage lovelies -- well, they are truly lovely.

Happiest of Valentine's to both of you!

Sherry said...

Your Valentines are so cute Lindsey! I'm so glad you all had a great VD!!

Sherry

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fun you've had! I am going to have to start searching for Valentines! I love the old ones SO much!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I was just comin' by to give you girls a Valentines Day hug and oh happy day, I found a new post! ☺ Looks like y'all had a sweet day! That Hello Kitty strawberry pillow is just too cute!

My best gift today was to hear Micah laugh and play for a little while! ♥

Ooops! Almost forgot the hug!
~ HUG ~ HUG ~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY MY FRIENDS :)

ANother wonderful day at the flea market for You..I'm a little jealous :) and then all the wonderful Valentine's gifts from your Mom & brother...you are loved!!
Have a great weekend.
Warmly,
Deb

Unknown said...

Look at all this Valentine Vintage~y goodness! I love it! Happy Valentines Day to both of you crazy crafters! :)

Unknown said...

Lindsey, You make me smile! Your Valentine's are all so wonderful. I can't tell you how much it has meant to me that you have generously shared the images with us to enjoy. I will send your book to you this comming week! Elizabeth

KatCollects said...

Wow, you found alot of Valentine's. I think it's so sweet that your Brother buys you gifts like that. I hope you all had a day filled with love and smiles.
Hugs,
Kathy

Pearl said...

Hi Lindsey 'n Twyla... I really enjoyed this post... so full of Love and Joy! I'm with Deb on the lil jealous part... LOL... Just LOVE all of the Awesome Vintage Valentine's!! Seriously, I'm truly tickled for your good fortune in finding them ♥ ... Thanks so much for sharing with us... I hope 'n pray that you both had a...

♥ ~ HAPPY ~ ♥
~ VALENTINE's ~
♥ ~ DAY! ~ ♥


~blessings~
Pearl

Nan said...

Oh my gosh I'm so jealous of your flea markets where ever you live!
I'm up in Alaska and we don't have anything like this here. I do love those Valentines and what all you did with the album. So nice you clever girl.

Stacey said...

Hi girls! Sounds like you had a nice Valentine's Day. Your brother Jordan sounds pretty special...I guess I've failed as a mother. My boys (sons) would not think to do something like that.

Love all your new collectibles!

Chanda said...

Wow, you really found a nice stack of Valentines. I found my first Gurley candle at the thrift store, but it was broken in half. It was a cute little reindeer. I love the picture o the vintage kitty. It is really pretty and a real treasure.

I would like to maybe come to your fleamarket sometime this summer, as sorta a special outing. If I do, I sure want to meet up with you all and say hi. We will have a huge one here in May, It's called Jacob Cave trade days and it's held twice each year. It's $5 per car load to enter and it's held for three days. You all might be interested in it. It is a huge event and there's everything there from coon dogs to chickens to furniture and decor. I hope to go and find lots of goodies I hope.

Kathy said...

GLAD YOU BOTH HAD A GREAT DAY.

Knitlee said...

So absolutely adorable! I don't think I could part with that beautiful paper bag creation.

SharDon Exclusives said...

I know I have told you before that I am so glad to have found you and love all of the VAlentines you so graceiously give us.
Thank you,
Sharon