Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Barbie Wednesday


Hello friends!
I was looking through one of my Barbie magazines when I happened across these photos and wanted to share them with you.


The article talks about the rarity of the green dress Barbie is wearing. It is an unusual version of the 1963 "Theatere Date" outfit. What caught my eye was the Midge doll, standing next to Barbie. 
She is a Japanese Midge. I have read stories in the past about the Japanese thinking that Midge was not a very pretty doll, so they created this version with a beautiful, unique head mold and no freckles!
I believe she has a painted head and a set of wigs, much like the Fashion Queen Barbie.

Wishing you all a lovely day, Lindsey

6 comments:

LiLi M. said...

All those Japanese dolls are awesome, like the Japanese Skipper, the Japanese Francie and if you consider the sidepart American girl, the photo on the left shows her, Japanese, she is of course top of the bill too!
I have none of them!

Anonymous said...

I really do not remember the green dress! This article was so interesting!!
Love the post as always.....
Love,
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Well I happen to like freckles! :)

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Lindsey:
I learn something new about my childhood Barbies every time you post! Thanks for the info.
xoxo
Donna

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Very interesting history. I learned something I had no idea about. Thank you.

Kevin said...

I really do not remember the green dress! This article was so interesting!! Love the post as always..... Love, Marilyn