Friday, October 22, 2010

The Vintage Girl

Hello friends!
I want to share with you another of the projects I did as guest designer for October Afternoon.
This is a lovely vintage bed tray. I found it at an antique store and knew it would be fun to alter!


 I used a mixture of OA's Modern Homemaker line and their Fly a Kite line. Of course the pink crochet flower was made by my Mom!


As many of you know, I work for a scrapbook store. I teach classes, design  kits and create store samples. I am also very well known as "the vintage girl".  Hehe!  Everyone knows what I like best!
My Boss brought to my attention the other day that one of my favorite companies is coming out with a new line that is so me!!! I knew that you all would love it too, and I want you guys to see it!
It's called, Circa 1934 by Cosmo Cricket.


I must say I am over the moon excited to get my hands on this line!! I can't wait to play!



It's so beautiful! You can visit Cosmo Cricket's blog to see more photos of this lovely new line!




I wish you all a fun weekend! I am headed off to work at a scrapbooking retreat all weekend. I will be teaching classes and make-n-takes and hopefully manage to get in some last minute spooky crafting before Halloween!

Happy craftying, Lindsey

10 comments:

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

I'm so jealous! A scrapbooking retreat all weekend?!

I keep telling my husband I'd love to get together with a bunch of friends and just do art all day. Problem is, none of my friends are into art!

I'll just have to live vicariously through you!

Foxglove said...

Lindsey this is a gorgeous bed tray, I love it!

Enjoy your scrapbooking retreat weekend, I am sure you will have a wonderful time. xxx

Marta said...

Congrats, Lindsey (and the same to your mom for the flower!). Enjoy your scrapbooking weekend.
Besos ;O)
-By the way, Marta is my real name for Tía Gretel. I changed my profile as I am preparing a new blog and I prefer this now. Launching day: October 30, for the Virtual Party in Colorin Colorado. Enjoy-

Unknown said...

Lindsey! Thanks so much for the heads up on this wonderful line! I am posting about the Mitten Weather one day soon. Oh my goodness the colors and patterns are so wonderful. i adore the tray you made and will be sure to be on the lookout for one to alter. I am so glad your shop knows what a treasure they have working for them! Have a great week ahead! Elizabeth

Home and Heart said...

That tray is SO stinkin' cute!!! LOVE Cosmo cricket! I hoard there paper!! Do you make th eflowers with the curled petals? If so, maybe a future tutorial? Pretty please?

Dapoppins said...

i can't wait to see what you do with those new papers...love the tray...is it sitting on the chair you made?

Unknown said...

Lindsay,
LVOE this tray, I have one that is painted burgandy ( yuk) just like it....now I know what to do with it. I saw the new CC on their website, oh my gosh is that going to be fun! Still waiting for the OA papers to even show up, most of the stores around me are not happy with this company.....too bad the3y can't get the peoduct out fast enough!

Rizzi said...

HI LYNDSEY,
I LOVE THE NEW CIRCA SCRAPBOOKING LINE. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THEM. THANKS FOR SHARING. RIZZI

Unknown said...

I love this tray! I have that exact same tray and maybe I'll do this tih mine. So pretty!

Anonymous said...

This tray looks good enough to eat, Lindsey! I LOVE IT! ♥