Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Barbie Wednesday

Hello friends!
I always look forward every year to see the newest Barbie ornaments by Hallmark. I have been collecting them for years!
This year was a great line that included this one called, Campus Sweetheart.
The Barbie is an American Girl from 1964. One of my favorite styles!




In the past couple years, Hallmark has released ornaments that look like vintage Barbies in their original boxes. How clever! I love this style and look forward to adding this Bubble Cut style doll to my collection.



I think this Ken is pretty funny and cute!
He is called, Campus Hero and would be the perfect match to the Campus Sweetheart ornament.



Each year, Hallmark comes out with at least one ornament dedicated to shoes.
While the shoe trees were my favorite style, this shoe ornament is very cool!



Do you like Hallmark ornaments? Any favorites?

Have a lovely day, Lindsey


6 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, Lindsey, I hadn't even seen any of those yet! I only collect the ones that have the vintage outfits, and I am going to have to save up and try to get the three you have shown here. I love them all! Happy Barbie Wednesday to you!

Cindy said...

Since we have 3 boys who loved Star Trek, we always looked for those ornaments every year. We haven't bought any for several years now, but we all think it's fun to get out our Next Generation ornaments. What's a Christmas tree without a battle starship or Borg cube?

Jean said...

Love Barbies! Remember the cups a few years ago..sold by Halmark? You can never have too many shoes? One of my favorites!

HugZ, Jean

p.s. beautiful blog!

Holly Loves Art said...

They are darling! I have a HUGE Barbie ornament collection. I started collecting the first year they came out and always bought two. Then I went to work for Mattel and always received some every year directly from Hallmark. I have a couple really special ones that no one else has! I'm looking forward to decorating my little pink Barbie tree this year. I must say that I don't have any ornaments after 2002 (the year I left Mattel). I miss the excitement of getting a new one or TWO every year so it was fun to see these. Hope you're having a wonderful fall season.
Cheers,
Holly

Anonymous said...

thankyou so much for visitng me, I have bought Hallmark ornaments for my muminlaw for years and now do for my grand daughter and grand son,, they are always just that little bit different from all the others,, I guess its the quality,, I think your blog is so cute,, I'm now following you,, its great meeting all the great crafters.

Cathy @My 1929 Charmer said...

Your blog is really cute, and it must be great having one with your Mom. If my Mom was still here I know this is something we would of done together. thanks for stopping by and liking my Joy project.