Monday, December 19, 2011

Jolly Santa Christmas Tag Tutorial and Vintage Card


Hello friends!
I thought this was tag #10 of my 12 tags of Christmas but I was looking back through my posts and realized a skipped #7! Whoops!!!!
So this is Tag #7!


Cut your tag shape to 3x6 or take a manila tag and a Santa image. I am using the Jolly Santa digi stamp from my Sugar Kissed Cottage Digi Stamp store on etsy.
I printed him and colored him in using Copic markers.


Ink the top and bottom of the tag with red ink. I used Festive Berries Distress Ink.
Cut a piece of patterned paper to fit the tag and tear the top and bottom, then adhere to the tag.


Ink a doily with Vintage photo Distress ink and adhere to the center.


Cut a banner shape from a scrap of pink patterned paper and ink the edges with red ink. Adhere to the center.


Take a white gel pen and add stitch lines around the edges of the tag.
Tie a pink ribbon through the top of the tag and add a Christmas tag to the top. I use this fun little gold and red glittered bell sticker that I found at Michaels from the Martha Stewart Christmas line.


Add a strip of mini red pom poms to the bottom of the tag.


Cut holly leaves from sheet music and ink with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. Adhere to the tag. Add a pink paper rose to the holly leaves.


Add a couple paper snowflakes around the tag.


Add your Christmas sentiment.


It's done! A quick tag to make that would look so cute attached to your Christmas packages!


I also wanted to share this vintage Christmas card with you today!
I love this one! The grey background the looks so pretty with the black and red colors!
Enjoy!


Wishing you a wonderful start to your week, Lindsey


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pom poms, Lindsey! ♥

Anonymous said...

Love your tag - I have so much to learn about inks and dies, etc. but that's going to be my January project. Thanks so much for sharing.

Mary

Cindy said...

Thanks, Lindsey, for the pretty tag. I needed something special for a friend and this will do nicely!

Margaret Cloud said...

You know if I tried to make this darling card I would goof it up. I will show this to my grand-daughter, she is good at everything. Hope you two have a nice Christmas and thank you for coming by, I love your header.

Garter Mademoiselle said...

That has to be one of the cutest Christmas tags I have ever seen. I do love the look of the vintage Christmas cards, they bring back the magic I used to feel at Christmas time as a kid. Thanks for the sweet comment on my last post about Cody. I fear I have been a terrible blogging buddy of late, and have not gotten around to visit everyone as much as I would like to. Want to wish you and your families a Very Merry Christmas. ~Debby

Lynn said...

Thank you for all the wonderful tag ideals this year! Each one is such a beautiful piece of art!
Merry Christmas!