Friday, January 6, 2012

A Smashing Idea!


Hello friends!
This year I am really looking forward to starting an inspiration journal.
A place that I can sketch out layouts and designs as well as add favorite color combinations and styles.


I purchased one of the wildly popular Smash books for recording all my ideas.
These books really are beautiful!
Michaels now carries the line of books and accessories.


This journal is my favorite!
It's called, The Pretty Style.


There is also a variety of fun embellishments such as book bands, paper clips, mini envelopes, mini paper pads, post it notes and cool tape!


I am getting excited just thinking about how I want it to look!
I will share pictures of it as I fill the pages, but right now I am still dreaming of what I want it to be!


Here is a fun video showing ways to use the Smash Books.




You can also check out their blog.

Have a lovely day, Lindsey

15 comments:

Vintage Roses Scraps said...

Looking forward to see how it will progres. I was planning to get those "peppermint" paperclips to add to Xmas album already, hope I can resist the rest LOL

Have a great creative journey, Lindsey!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Every year I attempt to start any kind of journal but never seem to keep up with it. Looks like yours will be lovely and filled with much inspiration. Happy New Year.Tammy

B.................. said...

Oh Ilove these but I'm guessing I won't be able to purchase here in the UK xx

The Sparkly Fairy said...

I look forward to see what you do. My first Smash book arrived yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Man, I really need to start walking SLOWLY through Michaels and not get distracted and overwhelmed! I miss so many things! This looks like a FAB line of goods! :)

(I told Micah that the Beattles were refered to as the Fab Four and he said that was so lame. ha-ha!)

Camille said...

I love these Smash books and am on my third one. I use it for every little thing that I want to save that used to pile up on my Kitchen counter. What ever it is, ticket stubs, letters from friends, wine bottle labels I want to remember the name of, it goes in my Smash book. THe counter is neater now and I Smash every night. LOL

Melinda said...

Looks like fun!
Enjoy.

Melinda

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I thnink I need a raise in my allowance..I've gotta go shopping!! WHat a brilliant idea to have the glue and the pen in ONE!

The Old Parsonage said...

And I wasn't going to buy anything new for the studio. but I guess this can reside downstairs:)

I HAVE to have one!

Thanks!
Leann

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I have never heard of Smash books before, but they look fabulous! I will have to check them out.

Theresa said...

Sounds like a great idea! I have a Michael's coupon:) Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Shopgirl said...

Have fun, this is a adventure!!! Hugs, Mary

Nan said...

Oh gosh now it's Smash books, these have not hit up here in Homer Alaska yet. I actually don't think I need one as I have very similar substitutes that can get me making such a book.
Nan

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is just what I've been looking for! I hope my store still has them! ♥

Matttygn said...

Have fun, this is a adventure!!! Hugs, Mary