Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Twyla on Tuesday - Crochet Happy!


Hello dear friends!
I have been having so much fun making
my 'stash busting' afghans!
You may remember when I shared the first one
and admitted that I was keeping it!
Well, I now have three and working on the fourth!


It is so fun coming up with the color variations.
I started these to try and decrease the amount of yarn
I have stored around my house.  I hate to say it, but
I've hardly made a dent in it!


This one with the blue border turned out so pretty.
Lindsey claimed it!  It's been on her bed since I
finished it.


These are such wonderful 'blanket-y' afghans.  They encourage
you to snuggle up in them.  Using my favorite half double crochet,
I simply change colors every row for a scrappy look.
This darker version is the one I'm working on now.


Thanks for stopping by today!
I always enjoy it when you come for a visit!
Enjoy your day!
Love, Twyla


Pin It

9 comments:

Astri said...

These are so fun and pretty. I'm always trying to reduce the stash, as well, but it seems like I get started on something and to pull the project together means another yarn run. I don't know if I can ever get better. :-)

Shortbread and Ginger said...

They are so bright and cheery! Great way of using up leftover odds and ends.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

craftyles said...

I love the stripy look of these, so colorful. I also love how you did the edge. Good for you using some of your stash.

Anonymous said...

I love them! I'm so glad you have something to do that you love. ♥

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

They are all so gorgeous, Twyla! I love the scrappy look. But never feel like I can get the color combos right. I really need to bust my stash big time. :) Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week. Tammy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

They are so pretty Twyla! I can see why Lindsay claimed the one with the blue edging.
Hope your Easter was nice. Mine was. I forgot to take photos..
got my haircut today and am ready for the interview tomorrow!
Warmly,
deb

Creeky Attic said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
vintage grey said...

These are absolutely beautiful!! I am working on two blankets right now. I know, two, but I have to keep my hands busy. One is a granny square and the other is a patchwork of crocheted squares!! I am excited to finish them! xo Heather